Current Positions Available at SBEL
This page features announcements of new post-doc and research positions at SBEL and its partner institutions. The lab maintains close research relationships with modeling and simulation leaders in industry, academia, and government.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow or Research Scientist Position in Mobility of Off-Road and Autonomous Vehicles for the U.S. Army TARDEC Chief Scientist Office (pdf)
U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development, and Engineering Center (TARDEC) develops, integrates, and sustains the right technology solutions for all manned and unmanned Department of Defense ground systems and combat support systems to improve Current Force effectiveness and provide superior capabilities for the Future Force.
TARDEC’s Chief Scientist Office is seeking candidates for a postdoctoral research fellow or a research scientist position in mobility methods development. The successful candidate will work on developing modeling and simulation methods for ground vehicle mobility in off-road and/or autonomous conditions.
Research and development activities will include:
- Vehicle dynamics
- Terramechanics-based off-road vehicle mobility
- Autonomous mobility of large vehicles operating at high sppeds
- Cognitive behavior and shared control modeling for a range of autonomous conditions
- Obstacle avoidance algorithms
- High fidelity physics based modeling
- High performance algorithms and computing
- Software development
- Experimental validation
This position is for a one-year appointment and requires U.S. citizenship.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience in several of the R&D activities listed above
- Strong communication skills as evidenced by publications and curriculum vitae
Education: Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, computational science, or a related field is required.
References: 3 References to be provided with application to POC below
Point of Contact: