Due date policy, Midterm Project

<<

Dan Negrut

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:57 am

Due date policy, Midterm Project

To All:
I just wanted to state that the late HW policy applies to the Midterm Project as well.  If you have not burnt out the two grace periods that you have you can use one to return the project late.  I'm quoting from the syllabus doc:

In order to turn in a late homework, send an email to me964uw@gmail.com with a subject line that reads “YourFirstName YourLastName: Late
HW Notice”. The email should be sent prior to the due date of the homework in question. Scores for homework that is overdue by more than three days will be penalized by 10 points for each additional day. Saturdays, Sundays, and official university holidays don’t account as overdue days.
<<

Dan Negrut

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Re: Due date policy, Midterm Project

Vikalp, Makarand, Ram, Sai - i got your emails requesting an extension for the Midterm Project, which should be fine.
Makarand - that HW that you didn't turn in will not take away one of your extensions.
New due date:
- if you burn out one of the two extensions: Nov. 12, 11:59 PM
- if you burn out both extensions (for those of you who still have both of them): Nov. 17, 11:59 PM

Note that you can use your extensions for the Final Project as well.
Dan
<<

Dan Negrut

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:56 am

Re: Due date policy, Midterm Project

Makarand, Ram, Sai - please submit your Midterm Project by 11:59 PM today.
I will take a close look at your solution and if it turns out that the problem is CUDA related your grade will reflect this.  In other words I will look for the correctness of the algorithm and not get hung up on the limited number of bodies you can consider with your code.

For those of you whose code can well work in "emulation" mode, consider building a EmuRelease version and increase the size of the problem as much as possible in order to generate the plots required.

Vikalp - what you sent me is enough, i will consider it as your Midterm Project submission.

Dan

Return to ME964 Fall 2008: High Performance Computing