FAQ  •  Login

Project 1 question

Moderator: RaduS

<<

F13bdegner

Unread post Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Project 1 question

I have my simEng2D running to the point where the position and velocity outputs are the same as those found in my ADAMS program for project 1. When I try to find the translational acceleration of point Q in the x direction, my simEng2D returns strictly negative numbers. This doesn't make sense since point Q changes direction. An acceleration analysis in ADAMS reiterates this. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Brandon
<<

RaduS

Unread post Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Re: Project 1 question

Brandon,

It's quite difficult (if not impossible) to say more than "you must have a bug in your code"...

What formula are you using to calculate the acceleration of some point on some body? Have you implemented it correctly? Have you tested it on some cases for which you can actually calculate analytically the correct result? For example, use your code to plot the acceleration of point P on body 1.

-Radu
<<

F13zxu32

Unread post Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Project 1 question

The answer I got are all fraction numbers,I tried to use the double() funciton to turn them into decimal. But its not working. I also tried "format shortG" function. But it doesn't work either. Is there a way to do it by default?
-Ziyao

Return to ME451 Fall 2013: Kinematics and Dynamics of Machine Systems